Below you can see the map of Internet censorship in the world in 2016.
Level of censorship
- Pervasive: A large portion of content in several categories is blocked.
- Substantial: A number of categories are subject to a medium level of filtering or many categories are subject to a low level of filtering.
- Selective: A small number of specific sites are blocked or filtering targets a small number of categories or issues.
- Suspected: It is suspected, but not confirmed, that Web sites are being blocked.
- No evidence: No evidence of blocked Web sites, although other forms of controls may exist.
Areas of activity
- Political: Views and information in opposition to those of the current government or related to human rights, freedom of expression, minority rights, and religious movements.
- Social: Views and information perceived as offensive or as socially sensitive, often related to sexuality, gambling, or illegal drugs and alcohol.
- Conflict/security: Views and information related to armed conflicts, border disputes, separatist movements, and militant groups.
- Internet tools: e-mail, Internet hosting, search, translation, and Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services, and censorship or filtering circumvention methods.
And one of the solution how to avoid Internet censorship is using a VPN!
The real war between Netflix and vpn services lasts over a month. Since January, many Netflix users who are using vpn get messages:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
The first complains come from Australia and after that many users all over the world had the same issue.
The changes are mostly performed to indulge copyright holders and broadcasters.
But what about users?
Why Netflix cares only about the money??
What about users’ privacy and on-line security???
The real problem is that many people are using vpn to stay safe and protected in the Internet not just to access to illegal content.
Netflix cannot block all vpn services. It looks like it simple ban some special ip addresses that belong to vpn providers.
So if you need to VPN to watch Netflix – do not buy it before testing. Probable it will not work for you.
What about the war between Netflix and VPN – we are sure – VPN will win!
Last days we have received a lot of questions and letters from people from Morocco.
How to unblock Skype in Morocco?
How to access Skype from Morocco?
Can I use Viber from Morocco?
How to unblock Viber?
It is possible to use WhatsApp in Morocco ?
Why I cannot use VOIP in Morocco?
We have investigated the problem and find out that recently most of Internet calling services and messengers were blocked in Morocco.
Morocco: Skype, Viber, Facebook and WhatsApp calls were blocked by telecommunication service providers (including the Telcos, Maroc Telecom, Meditel, and Inwi).
This violates the principle of Network Neutrality and the fundamental rights of people.
People from Morocco are lifting their voices to fight for their right to free expression. They launched multiple petitions on Change.org and Avaaz immediately after the three leading telcos shut off access to VoIP services. Thousands of people have already signed the petitions, which advise the national telecommunications regulator to investigate the blocking, and which also call on telcos directly to end their illegal restrictions.
We believe that internet blocks are a violation of human rights and must be stopped.
However while the restrictions are still working you can avoid them using VPN solution.
VPN is virtual private network that makes you secure and anonymous in the Internet.
You IP address is hidden behind the VPN and you can access any service you like.
Using Sahrzad VPN you can:
- Unblock Skype in Morocco
- Unblock Viber
- Unblock WhatsApp
- Use VOIP services
- Access any restricted website.
This is safe and secure solution.
You can use vpn on any device that supports vpn technology with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and others platforms.
Now you can get Free Spider VPN application from Amazon!
Now Spider VPN is available on Amazon.com .
Spider VPN is a secure vpn service for Android. Open vpn is the best way to bypass Internet censorship.
VPN masks your real IP address and encrypts all your traffic.
With Spider VPN you can avoid Internet filtering and access any restricted website.
Unblock Skype, Viber, Facebook, Youtube and others blocked sites fast and easy with Spider VPN.
You can try it right now for free!
Updated February the 5th
Recently some of our customers from the United Arab Emirates are complaining about the problems with VPN.
Now the problem is resolved. People from UAE can use vpn without any issues!
We have investigated the issues and find out that Etisalat (One of the biggest UAE Internet service provider) blocked pptp – one of the most popular and used vpn protocol.
The problem is mainly occurred on MAC and iOS devices.
However there are several solutions for this issue:
- Change vpn protocol to l2tp or Open vpn. These protocols are also very secure and works fine in UAE
- Try using vpn on others devices (Windows, Android)
- Try to change Internet service provider (use DU or others providers who do not block vpn)